Summer in Italy is an anthem to joy, sunshine, and great food. And, of course, there's nothing better than a refreshing cocktail to celebrate the summer season. Frosé, a frozen cocktail made from rosé wine, is a perfect choice and can be customized with an Italian touch. Let's learn how to make a delicious Frosé with some wines from the land of fine wine.
Frosé is the ideal cocktail for hot summer afternoons. Its frozen texture is reminiscent of wine sorbet, and its base of rosé wine imparts a fruity and fresh flavor that is simply irresistible. Frosé is like a vacation in Italy in a glass.
- 1 bottle of Italian rosé wine - 1/2 cup of simple syrup (water and sugar) - Juice of a lemon - Strawberries or fruit of your choice (raspberries, peaches, etc.) - Ice
1. Start with the bottle of rosé wine. Italian rosés are known for their freshness and flavors of red fruit, which pair perfectly with Frosé. Pour the wine into an ice cube tray and freeze until completely solid.
2. Prepare simple syrup by dissolving sugar in hot water and letting it cool.
3. Blend the fresh fruit with lemon juice and cooled simple syrup.
5. Once frozen, remove the Italian rosé from the freezer and crush it into small pieces using a blender or food processor.
6. Mix the crushed Italian rosé with the fruit puree and ice.
7. Serve the Frosé in rosé wine glasses or cocktail glasses, garnishing with a slice of Italian lemon or a fresh Italian strawberry.
Making Frosé is a delightful way to enjoy the summer. With Italian rosé wine as the base, this cocktail transforms into a cool, fruity delight that embodies the best of Italy.
So, raise your glass, toast to the beautiful season, and enjoy your Frosé.